I have so much to say and so little time say it in. First things first, Riley's swim lessons are going great! He loves it. Occasionally he gets a little silly and his teacher will tell him "Riley get back on the white line." He is learning about water safety and a few techniques for which we are really proud of him.
My wonderful family in Tucson, whom I don't really see that often anymore had an Eclipse party for the premier of the movie. My mom, Riley, Mattie and me went down to Tucson for it. Vern had to work so he couldn't go on this adventure. Mom priced line a room for us and she got Ventana Canyon. Anyone who knows this hotel or has stayed there, knows this is a classy, expensive, awesome hotel! She got it for $55 a night. Normally this would probably be a couple hundred a night I am guessing. So we pull up and my mom runs in to check in. She comes out and says we are at the wrong Ventana Canyon resort that there is another one down the road. We looked at each other and laughed. Maybe this was why we got the room so cheap.
We drove down the road and came to "The Lodge at Ventana Canyon". We pulled up to the gate and gave them our names and then they let us through. We drove around to the check in area and a bell hop greeted us. I rolled down my window and asked him if this was where we checked in and he said you check in at your rooms. I told him we didn't know what room we were in and he said room 127. We hadn't even given him our names. Obviously the gate people must have called him but it was weird. Check in at your room? We get to our room and could not believe it. A suite was what he called it. It had a full kitchen, living room, bedroom and huge bathroom. All for $55. I really wished Vern could have been there it was awesome. Here's there website http://www.thelodgeatventanacanyon.com/
Out our back patio
Large living room
Kitchen with a stove, refrigerator, sink and microwave
Riley playing crochet with Degen
Mattie in her swimming suit
The kids got to swim for a little bit and then we had dinner. At last, it was time to go to our Eclipse party! I loved seeing my cousins. After my Aunt Edith passed away we haven't seen them very often. My cousin Laurel and her daughters Deanna, Emmy and Amber were there (they planned it and have an awesome party business. Check out there website you won't believe it http://beyondparties.com/ ). My cousin Jill and her twin daughters were there Alex and Annie. It was a night to remember. Not so much because of the movie but because we were all together again.
Emmy, Deanna and their friend posing with Edward and Bella
Alex and Annie all grown up- I still think of them as little girls
Really cool decorations! See the chess pieces from the Breaking Dawn cover? Awesome!
Mom and me posing with Edward and Bella. I have a "Team Edward" shirt on.
I went to bed at three and then got up at six. It was so worth it. It is midnight right now and I am getting tired. I have to get up early to pack for Greer. We almost weren't going to go but Vern doesn't have to work tomorrow or Monday so we are outta here!

Looks like a lot of fun! I just love priceline. I just booked me a room at Little America in Salt Lake for the end of July for $56. :)
ReplyDelete