I've waited around and now I have way too much to blog about!! On Wednesday we drove up to Globe and went to the Globe Stake Trunk or Treat. It was fun and it gave the kids a chance to wear their costumes. Mattie loved holding her bag and getting candy. Riley enjoyed seeing all the different costumes.

Tinkerbell and Batman

I love this picture of him!

After Trunk or Treat they dumped their candy out to see what they got
Thursday was Riley's Halloween party at school. Vern, Mattie and I went also. It was at the park across the street from his school. It was a lot of fun. The kids were so cute dressed up in their costumes. They played at few games, ate some treats and played at the park.
Riley's class
Riley's class eating treats

Mattie eating her cupcake
On Friday evening we went to our own ward's Trunk or Treat. It was so much fun! I loved seeing everyone in costumes- all my primary children dressed up. So fun. Riley had a blast with his friends. Mattie didn't want to hold my hand which was crazy because it was dark, there were tons of people and moving cars. These were the only two pictures I could manage. The kids were acting like chickens were their heads cut off and would not hold still.
Riley and William
Saturday we went to a birthday party and then hung out at home. Vern was really tired from driving Thursday night and Friday morning. The kids were also tired. We did not do anything Halloweenish on Saturday. A cute thing Riley started saying the past couple of day is, someone (whoever he sees) is dressed up to _______ whatever the person is dressed up as. Instead of saying, for example, that William is dressed up as or William is dressed as a pirate he would say, "William is dressed up to a pirate mom".
Sunday after church we drove up to Globe again. We hung out with family and then the kids put on their costumes and I took them over to my Grandpa's house so he could see them. I think he really enjoyed seeing them.
I love the expression on her face
Tonight we played games with the kids. First we played hide and go seek. It was sooo much fun! You have to understand how my kids play though. Riley will run around from spot to spot while the person is counting and then finally find a spot. Then he will make noise and giggle until he is found. Mattie just runs around goes to where ever someone is hiding and does not hide but makes a bunch of noise. Sometimes you can convince her to hide with you for a second but she is will always be up and about when the person that is it is coming to find you is coming. Its quite hilarious to watch. Next, we played duck duck goose. It took a while for Mattie to kind of understand the concept. Finally we got her to kind of go around and tap us on the head but she started doing it repeatedly and kind of hard. She did that to Riley like five times and we were laughing so hard. I love playing my kids and husband.
Mattie has started showing some attitude and signs of the terrible twos. Occasionally when she does not get something she wants she'll throw her head back and just start crying/sobbing. She also had started to kind of stick out her tongue and kick. She hasn't really kicked anyone yet, but she will give you this look and kick her leg. She doesn't completely stick her tongue out, but part of it will come out and she puts it on her lip. I'll try to get a picture.

Mattie trying on sunglasses

Caitlyn would fold in half and her head/feet and bottom would touch the floor at the same time. I wish we lived closer to each other. Our kids would have so much fun together!
ReplyDeleteYou went to Globe TWICE recently? I hope there is a green chili mix waiting in your freezer for me from Burger House!! (This is Erin by the way. I like your blog. It's cute) I am serious about that burro by the way ;)
ReplyDelete