Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Riley Factor

I can't believe how many people I know that are sick. As of right now, knock on wood- no one in my family is sick. Well Mattie might have a cold but nothing too serious. I think Vern and Mattie had some sort of the flu when they were sick a few weeks ago. Last week Riley got the stomach bug that was going around and then I had it for days after him. I will be glad when all this sickness goes away. I am scared to send Mattie to nursery.

Riley has been quite busy lately. Vern and I decided he needed a chore chart or something to that affect. Vern found this really cool website online and we started a chart for Riley. It is awesome. Riley has morning jobs and night jobs. He gets points for each job he completes. After he completes a job, he gets on the computer and checks it off and it calculates the points. The points go towards whatever the parent comes up with. Right now we have stuff like Wii time, computer time, spending money, Disneyland fund, etc... He is so excited about it. He keeps telling his friends and Mattie that he has a job now. He is actually excited about doing his chores. His chores are basic simple stuff like brushing his teeth, making his bed, taking a bath, cleaning his room etc... Here's the website if you're interested: http://www.myjobchart.com


Last night Riley was playing with these little notebooks I found at the Target dollar section. He said that we was a scientist and was doing a lot of "speriments". He was writing down scratch marks (he recently saw an episode of Curious George, where George has a notebook and writes down scratch marks, trying to figure what was making a certain scratch mark). Riley said he was writing down Mattie's scratch marks.




Yesterday for dinner Vern and I made some boneless buffalo popcorn chicken with Frank's Red Hot Sauce. It was really strong and you could smell it through out our whole house. So we sat down at the table for dinner (Riley and Mattie were eating the chicken without the sauce) and Riley says, "What's that freaking smell?" I'm not sure why he decides to use words that are not that great and that I rarely say to repeat? I guess I am going to have to really monitor my language lol. I hardly ever say freaking.




I can't really leave Mattie out of this blog post. She has been on one the past few days. Defiant and will not listen to me. She's also suddenly gotten really attached to her blanket and wants to take it everywhere. She refused to go to bed tonight and was screaming at the top of her lungs and jumping in her crib. I had to get her back up because Vern had to get up at midnight and she was making way too much noise. When I would say it's time for bed Mattie she puts here lips together kind of like a pout/pucker and says, "No." Its so cute its hard to resist and very hard to put her in crib with her saying, "No". Here's a video of her saying "No".


No comments:

Post a Comment