Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Mean Pooper and the Wipeout




We survived another week. Mattie seems to become more impossible each day. Don't get me wrong, I love her and she can be really sweet. But, she has a mind of her own and does not listen to me and did I mention she is stubborn? I guess she is the definition of a two-year old. Mattie knows exactly what she wants and thinks she can do whatever that is, when most of the time SHE CAN'T. Whether it be sit in the chair Riley is already sitting in, pushing the basket at the store, brushing her own teeth throughout the day or my favorite, taking vitamins. Every time she passes the cupboard with the vitamins she yells, "Bitamins! Bitamins" The bad thing is that she can only take them once a day. And then after that, she has several fits a day over her "Bitamins" that she can't have any more of.





Mattie has earned herself the name of the "Mean Pooper". You know on Seinfeld where they would categorize people like she's a "low talker" or he's a fast talker" well Mattie is a mean pooper. We know something is amiss when if we try to talk to her or go by her and she says, "No Mom! Go away Mom!" while she is shaking her finger. Then, she will start throwing random items she happens to be near. This is how we know she is pooping. We all know not to mess with her while she is pooping!!

Last night Riley had his first experience with stitches. He was jumping on a trampoline with a bunch of kids and somehow fell/jumped off. Poor guy. Vern and I were inside and I heard Riley screaming, and it was a hurt scream. John and I rushed out and Riley had blood running down his face. John's a nurse and was in total control and calm thank goodness. Riley being the drama king he is kept saying stuff like, "I"m dying, I'm dying" and "I'm never going to do anything again". I knew he was going to be okay but I knew he was going to need stitches. Which, was not okay with Riley by any means. Riley doesn't even like to see blood on a little scratch or paper cut. Vern and I took him to the Phoenix Children's Hospital Urgent Care. They were not busy at all and got us right in. Riley was such a good boy. Luckily they didn't have to give him a shot to numb him, they put on some really cold gel instead which he did great with. I know a shot wouldn't have gone so well. Then, a nurse cleaned it out, I couldn't watch any of it. The the doctor stitched it up. Riley had no idea that he had gotten four stitches. It was a little puncture wound towards the bottom of his hair line. When he talked to my mom on the phone she asked him about his stitches and he told her adamantly that he did not have any. Vern and I looked at each other, how were we going to break it to him that he them? We finally told him this morning. He is doing great and has been such a trooper. My poor baby! I don't know if I can ever let him jump on a trampoline again!?!


You can't really see his stitches in this picture, its under his hair above the cut that you can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment