Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Riley's Shadow




Mattie is Riley's shadow. Now, since I'm an only child, I don't quite understand how the whole brother/sister relationship really works. I am only beginning to understand how it might have been to have a sibling. Mattie tries to do everything Riley does. Also, I know I've mentioned this before, but she wants everything he has. The other day I had both their clothes laid out. I told Riley to put on his clothes (I usually have to tell him several times before he actually gets dressed). While he was coming up with excuses as to why he couldn't get dressed, Mattie put on his clothes including his underwear and would not let me take them off. She had her own pile of clothes but she wanted his. Today she was helping me do laundry and every time she came to a paid of Riley's underwear she put them on. She ended up with 5 pairs of his underwear on. You have to hand it to Riley for being patient with her. He is a really good brother to her.




Mattie in the underwear



We found Riley's Halloween costume- Batman! The challenge is going to be keeping it clean and intact until Halloween. I put it away up in my closet, hopefully he doesn't find it. I still need to find Mattie something. I waited until the last minute last year and she ended up with a lamb costume from Savers. Not happening this year.






1 comment: