Monday, August 16, 2010

Clarification and Weekend

My Mom told me, "Rebecca, turrets is a disorder where you yell out profanities and inappropriate things." I told her I know, I was being sarcastic. I know my kids don't have turrets. They do like to yell all the time and thank heavens they aren't yelling profanities. They are probably like most kids and don't understand about inside voices and don't care that they are talking so loud! I'm glad they are so carefree and wish I could be a little more like them. I wonder what Vern would say if he came home and I was just as loud as they are...


We had a wonderful weekend with my parents. Sadly I didn't take any pictures at the hotel. It was lots of fun though and Riley did really good swimming. My Mom took Riley to the bathroom at the restaurant and he was in a stall by himself. The toilet flushed automatically and it was really loud I guess. My mom asked Riley if it scared the heck out of him and Riley said, "No Grandma. It scared my heck out of me." For some reason this struck me funny and I keep chuckling to myself about it. I was also informed that he told his primary teacher that his family included, "My mom, my dad, the Wii, and Mattie." Vern asked him if the Wii was his brother or his sister. Its his brother.

Sharing time and teacher training went great and I am so relieved they are done! Tomorrow is Riley's first day of preschool. He is pretty excited. Hopefully I can get some pictures.

We went to the library today. I could not get Mattie off the computer. I guess she couldn't believe her luck because she was actually allowed to touch the key board and mouse.








1 comment: