Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Harry Pot and the Mattie Shuffle

So I can't stop changing my blog background. I Iook at tons of them, pick one out and then the next day I log in to my blog and think oh no this has to go. I can't seem to find one that fits. So don't be surprised if the background is changed again the next time you take a peek at this blog. Okay on to more interesting topics...



It must be amazing to be child and have such a vivid imagination. Since we got the Harry Potter Wii game Riley is into "Harry Pot" and wants his name changed to Harry Pot. He has a red straw from Arby's that is his wand and we cannot throw it away because, "it's his wand". Tonight after Mattie and Riley had their baths Riley said he had water in his ears. I told him to lay down on the side he had the water in. He tells me, "Mom the dinosaurs in my ears help me get the water out. They pat it out." He says funny things a lot but as you know Riley he talks from when he gets out of bed until he is asleep so its hard to keep track of everything cute he says.


Riley and his Harry Pot wand



Riley decided to color his hands green in the car

Our house is a disaster. That is probably not news to anyone. But, we did have to clear out all of our stuff from the old house and now its piled in the garage and living room. If you ever saw the spare room, you know what I'm talking about because now its all in my living room. Except for the death bed. Vern's parents kindly took it off our hands. Whew. I have to get this place looking somewhat decent by the 15th for our primary teacher training that is here. Tomorrow is going to be operation clean-up.





Yesterday Mattie had four breakfasts. Can you believe it? She ate a bowl of cereal when she got up and Riley was not ready to eat then. When Riley ate his breakfast she climbed up in her chair and wanted more food. I gave her some Trix and strawberries to snack on. About half an hour later I had a bowl of cereal. Again, she wanted to eat. She sat on my lap and ate my cereal with me. When Vern came home at 9:00 a.m. from work he also had a bowl of cereal (we eat of lot cereal at our house). And again Mattie wanted more. She sat on Vern's lap and ate with him. She loves to eat and has to eat when anybody else is! I actually love this about her because Riley is so picky and I sometimes have to beg and plead with him to get him to eat. Sometimes Mattie will even fight Riley for his food! She also has this cute little dance she does after she gets the food that she wanted from you. We call it the Mattie Shuffle. Here is a video of her trying to steal Sylvia's otter pop and then trying to put all of Vern's cookie ice cream sandwich in her mouth. Then she does the Mattie Shuffle and falls down. It's hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment