This week has been pretty eventful. Riley started preschool on Tuesday. He loves it! I finally located a Batman backpack. It was quite a search. I guess because I waited so late? Most of the stores were low on backpacks. When I got home from the store with Riley's backpack and some new clothes for him he was so excited. He pulled out some Batman underwear from a sack and said can I put it on right now mom? Then he striped down and put on a pair. Mattie also wanted to wear a pair of Batman underwear. You gotta love it. She wants to do everything he does and wants everything he has including Batman underwear :) When he came home from school on Thursday he showed Mattie and I his school papers. She was carrying them around the whole afternoon.

Riley posing in his new shoes, Mattie carrying his backpack

Mattie trying to get Riley's backpack back
For some reason I let Mattie color with Riley using markers. I thought markers would be better because she eats crayons. It turns out she eats markers too. I came back from the bathroom and she had black all over her mouth and teeth. Luckily it was the washable kind and came off. I don't remember Riley eating crayons or markers. He is really picky with his food though...

Mattie trying to push Riley out of his chair so she can color on his coloring book

Mattie coloring
Riley had his four year check-up today and got 5 shots. He was hysterical. It took another nurse and I just to hold him down. Another nurse was holding Mattie. He kept yelling, "I just want out of this place!" After the first shot he yelled, "I'm dying I'm dying". Poor baby. I told him he wasn't dying he was going to be okay. I felt terrible. It was really an ordeal. The only thing I can say is he won't need anymore shots until he is 12.
We went bowling tonight with Jen and Joe. Riley and Taylor had a lot of fun.

Riley and Taylor

Riley setting up his ball
On the way home Riley and Vern has this conversation:
Riley: Dad how do you make the van stop?
Vern: The brake.
Riley: Which one is that? The one on the left or the right?
Vern: The one on the left. The one on the right makes the van go
Riley: I had to ask because someday I am going to drive the van and drive you and mom
Vern: He's 4 going on 16

No comments:
Post a Comment